Saturday, August 27, 2011

Washington DC

Lets get this ride started.
Well, we finally made it out of Florida. Nanc and I got into DC about 11:15 and then caught a shuttle that took longer to get to our hotel, than the plane did to Baltimore. Very long day. With no one staying at the Hotel (they have all fled), we were upgraded to a wonderful suite on the 10th floor. First order of business was food, happily we found a Gordon Biersch Brewery connected to the Hotel. Re energized we took stock of our location...man we are close to everything, a couple blocks to the National Mall, all the Monuments and walking distance to the many Museum's I hope to see. We are in Heaven for the next 6 days. Even better news, after today's rain and hurricane, we have 5-6 days of fabulous weather. The worm is beginning to turn!

On the flight over I took lots of pictures that I posted on Facebook...I saw more clouds in a 2 hour flight than maybe I've ever seen before...the only word I can think of is, "Awesome". The sheer power of Irene is massive, it is so wide, long and deep its indescribable...no picture could ever do it justice.


Indescribable!

Safe.
Happy to be off the plane...ready for the terror of the Shuttle!

So now we tackle DC. Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment