Monday, August 22, 2011

The Butterfly Pavilion.

     With our hurricane shortened visit we needed to fit in all the things we wanted to do in 1 day. The one major activity (that didn't include food), was the Butterfly Pavilion. You get a feel for the place right when you enter their retail and ticket sales area. Mind you we had just visited the Butterfly Pavilion at the Insectarium in New Orleans so we felt somewhat like experts. All I can say is "WOW". This place, in little Key West, blows away the one in New Orleans! The minute you walk into the Pavilion you are inundated by butterflies...I mean it's almost mind boggling. Every color, every size...this place is very cool. I could have spent hours just hanging out.
These guys are everywhere.

They are so cool.

Loving the experience.

Great place.
     On this trip I've noticed there are certain places we go that Nancy seems to belong in. The butterfly pavilion is one of those places. Hard to explain, she just fits. Maybe it's peacefulness that the place and she have in common...I really can't explain it, but there you go. Whatever it is I'm a lucky man. If you get a chance visit this butterfly paradise, I promise you won't be sorry you did.

1 comment:

  1. We loved this place. I want a big iron chair shaped like a butterfly for my garden. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete