Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Mom...

It takes a great woman to raise 4 kids while her husband spends 8 months a year at sea...mom taught us to play baseball, ride bikes and (the 3 boys) how to become men...she was like a tiger if anyone ever attacked her family and was quit formidable even at 5'2"...she could cook like a chef and her fried chicken was famous with the kids we hung out with. My parents hosted many parties and my mom was a terrific hostess. Tomorrow this wonderful woman goes in for a triple bypass, she told my younger brother Barry she is "not going to die". She weighs 90 lbs and spends 3 days a week in dialysis...my bet is she pulls through this and gets her wish to see her great grandchildren graduate from school and get married. I love this woman. Nancy and I leave tomorrow at 10am, get into Phoenix at 11am and head right to the hospital.
Mom I'm thinking about you tonight.

1 comment:

  1. We are sending our thoughts and prayers to your family tonight.
    Keep us posted. XO John and Debbi

    ReplyDelete