Saturday, August 27, 2011

Charleston Ghostport and the weary Road Warriors!

This is what I call an empty concourse...you might recognize the good looking blonde.
So a little more information about our plans. After we got an email last night notifying us our Sunday flight had been cancelled. I immediately got on the phone to Southwest. The problem with the original flight was, on Saturday afternoon the Baltimore (BWI) Airport is going to be closed because of Hurricane Irene (and will remain closed through Sunday at a minimum). As I considered my options the SW representative was surprised to find seats available on the last flight out on the Saturday morning flight. I of course (without thinking) jumped on these seats. Called to rearrange our Hotel schedules, checked the car rental return location, and started getting ready to get some sleep, all the while feeling impressed with myself for moving so swiftly to resolve yet another crisis...Then it hit me...I had just got seats on the last flight heading into a Hurricane! I have finally lost my mind!
My new friends Art and Jackie...they were very accommodating, of course we were their only customers.

We show up this morning to the Charleston Airport and find we basically have the place to ourselves. All the TSA agents, Coffee Shop employees and Southwest Agents are here but not many brave travelers. At 9:30am we head into the Wild Blue Yonder for yet another try at our elusive holiday. We are earning the title of ROAD WARRIORS!

No comments:

Post a Comment