Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vernazza

Vernazza was beautiful.

Woke up late again...we are definitely living in the "key of easy". Decided to take the walk to Vernazza today... the train workers are on strike. These guys are so civilized with their strikes, they give advance warning so everyone knows, they still operate the early and late schedule so workers are not inconvenienced and I'm pretty sure they all just got together and decided they would like the day off. Anyway, can't go to La Spezia so we thought this hike sounded great. When hoofing it to Vernazza from Coniglia, you have three trails available...they have been rated easy, moderate and difficult. We of course being middle of the roaders decided on (drum roll)...moderate. I cannot speak for the easy or difficult but moderate would be rated difficult in anyones book...I mean people looked like zombies 1/2 way through. Nancy and I did fine there and back but MODERATE! I don't think so. I sweated at least 10 lbs. off. This hike is awesome. My god the views are to kill for...the pictures, oh the pictures, I can't wait for you to see...OMG I have forgotten my camera. So, here we are in the most photogenic area I've probably ever been in and I've forgotten my camera. Lacking a photogenic memory, and wanting pictures I have only 1 option...so after telling you how hard this was, I must do it again. I think sometimes I need notes pinned to me, you know little reminders like' "CAMERA".
I need Vino!

No comments:

Post a Comment