Monday, September 12, 2011

A bathroom to remember.

This thing works so hard I'm afraid it will have a heart attack
Meet Candy, our clothes washer. This washing machine is about 1/2 the size of regular washer, to insert clothing (or whatever) you open the top and reach in and separate the tumbler (yes it opens)...from there it should be easy...add a little soap, set the dials that make zero sense and turn the puppy on. So good so far...now the reality, sometimes the tumbler opens and sometimes you can’t re-close it, when the thing hits the spin cycle it vibrates so hard that if you don’t hold it down, it could end up in another room. Nancy has learned to ride it and can stay on for 8 seconds, every time! We were even considering taking wash out and doing it at a dreaded laundry mat but the nearest one is a whole village away and we’d have to take the train. Can you imagine Nanc jumping on the train to Vernazza with all her dirty clothes? I laughed too. So, it looks like we are stuck...if you hear yelling ,it will be me shouting, “Ride her Nancy ride her!”.
You all do remember how tall I am...hello!
Now meet our bathtub/shower, the only name I could think of was shorty! Look at these pictures...not long enough or high enough...Nancy has figured out how to shower without making a mess, me...I create a flood every time. Can’t seem to get that coordination down of bending, turning and ducking all at once...and then there is controlling the water...the cold water half the time. I told Nanc I’d even do a naked scene taking a shower, should be worth millions of hits on youtube...the shower that made me rich! Old shorty!
Boy, I can't say I've ever appreciated my showers or washer before. We have all these wonderful tools and don't give them a thought. Don't get me wrong with all this, it really is just an inconvenience and in the long run I wouldn't come home because of it. But when I do get home, I'm buying my shower and washer a drink! Cheers!


I could barely get up! Kind of a wedgy!

2 comments:

  1. The shower could be worse. I had one that literally folded up inside a closet. And if you're planning on taking video, I want to see Nancy ride the washing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so bad, but genuinely Italian! I once stayed in a hotel room in Todi where I couldn't find the shower at all. I then noticed that I was straddling a drain in the middle of the bathroom while standing at the sink...and yup, you guessed it, the shower head was there directly above the sink and mirror. I'm just glad I realized it before turning on that third handle on the sink.

    ReplyDelete