Sunday, September 11, 2011

The ladies of Denmark

New friends.

Ciao ladies, go safe!
We met these 4 wonderful women from Denmark. Nanc and I have chosen a spot in the Piazza to relax, and it just so happens to be right next to the door of their flat. The more relaxing we do, the more we see them. When we first arrived this bench is where we would sit and work on the blog, the joke was, if they saw me early and then late, they thought maybe I'd been there all day with my computer. These women are very well traveled and had the energy of youth, they also made us laugh many times. My bet would be they range from 62-68 years old, but don't act a day over 40. It seemed like everyday they had some long hike or activity planned. It strikes me as funny after only 1 week we felt a connection to them, but in the states sometimes, you don't even know your neighbor after years. Maybe travelers are more curious, or outgoing, or friendly. Or maybe we just have more time to pay attention to each other and make connections. These ladies were wonderful and we won't forget our passing friendship. I wish I had them write their names down so we could keep in touch, but no such luck. Ciao ladies...safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment