Saturday, February 11, 2012

The final day

awesome

our stop for ice cream

Curly's

Deb did the walk

love this advertising



walking to lunch area



scotty and new richard

back at Jucy's...room for 3

Yoga Lounge??

sky, glass, clouds and reflections...wow


Feb 9 day 27
A beautiful day, warm with some awesome clouds...got started at 7am...today we drive to Waitomo for the amazing caves...some of the group will do blackwater rafting (which is basically inner tubing) down a underground stream to see the glow worms...others will walk the caves (Deb is doing this) and see the same thing...Nanc and I decide to stay above ground and have a nice lunch together...it is very nice sitting with Scotty, new Richard and us...very peaceful and quiet and the food was wonderful. These moments have been few and far between. This whole experience was interesting and has opened my eyes to group travel...I probably will never do this kind of vacation again because I just don't find it suits me. We have travelled very well with Deb and would do it again without a second thought, but the bus all day is hard...moving to a new camp everyday is hard and traveling with some people you don't care for is tiring...I think our driver Steely was amazing considering all the trouble we had with the bus... young Holly was entertaining if not very professional, she is one of those cute young girls that believes she has it all...over time, when she understands she doesn't, she will most likely improve in her abilities. My advice to the company will be extensive regarding their improvement, I certainly do not think I am an expert at this type of travel but just being on the planet 60 years has given me a fair measure of common sense. Things like organization, hygiene and empathy I have in full measure and will absolutely share my feelings about these things with the powers that be. When we add up all we've done its tons...this is the bottom line...so we are happy...we have fallen in love with New Zealand.

1 comment:

  1. We understand, we fell in love with New Zealand with our 2 week trip in 1986. Except we rented a van and drove ourselves. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and stories with us!

    ReplyDelete