Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lugnano.

Took a ride to Lugnano today...our nearest neighboring village...it’s like the next hill over. These little villages are just one hill after the other, Lugnano is bigger than Alviano and is much more majestic as you approach it...I was excited to see what it would look like, I had pictured a funkier, bigger Alviano, maybe a little more substance...not even close...only a couple Restaurants, a Farmacia,  a Small Market and a couple Souvenir, “carry a little of this and that”, stores. No central square for everyone to hang out in...to big for that I guess, but not big enough to be funky...real different from what I envisioned...stayed part of the afternoon and then headed back home to Alviano. Each of these villages has it’s own feel and life, this wasn’t bad, just not what I expected...For my money the best part of Lugnano is what you see from the road...Check it off the list.
OK...3 things I need to know......seriously.
       I actually googled “Peanut Butter in Italy” today...it’s a fact, there is virtually none available here. What’s that about? I mean come on, I’ve seen McDonalds, which sucks, Burger King, which sucks also, and yet there is no Peanut Butter, everyone knows this is one of the all time best food inventions...it makes zero sense to me. I ‘m not the 1st to ask this question either...go google it yourself if you don’t believe me. I’m just the next poor soul devastated by the loss of PB and J in my diet. 
       Here’s another one...I’ve seen cars parked in private parking spaces that take up 99.9% of all the area, I mean there is zero room for anything bigger...my question is, when these people go to buy a car do they just hand the salesman a dimensional drawing and say, “What do you have that will fit this spot”. How else would they have a car that is an exact fit...I’m not kidding about this, come to Italy and check for yourself.
       And the last one for today...this morning I received an email from Europcar, my car rental agency. They requested I take my little Fiat Panda into one of there rental locations and exchange it for another one by the 18th...actually this was more like a demand than a request...I wrote back and told them this was going to be difficult with the current plans we have and could I just proceed with the contract and turn it in as scheduled...I guess not...this company sells these little beauties after only 3 - 6 months of rentals and mine is currently on the block. Looks like Nanc and I will spend our Saturday and our gas getting to a location and making the trade. We are really in the sticks and the nearest city is Perugia...Pretty strange customer service.
Funny Statue.

Patchwork of Italy.

Wonder how it sounds when they toll.

WW II monument.

Great old buildings.


No comments:

Post a Comment