Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Good Life.

Great nights sleep, didn’t stir until 9:15 this morning...by the time we had breakfast, showered and got ready for the day it was about 11:30. We call this a Village Day, walked down to Sepi’s around 12:30 to catch up on Computer junk...it’s really a hassle having to leave the flat just to check email...I promise I will never bitch about my slow connection at home ever again. One item we received was an email from Sheila Reindel, (the lady who took over for me in Vegas), she wanted to let me know she had been contacted by Wells Fargo, on my old phone, regarding a fraud alert to one of our accounts. We spent about an hour running this down and found out they were just being cautious about a couple of my charges...nice to know they care so much...although it did cost me $20 in phone fees. Better safe than sorry.
     We took so many great shots yesterday at The Vatican it was a real task trying to figure out which pictures to publish on Facebook and the blog. My new camera sure is getting  work out...just think...5terre, Countryside of Umbria, The ruins of Rome, Venice and now the Vatican...and we’ve only been here 53 days. Tomorrow we are heading out in a whole new direction...one of the biggest lakes in Umbria is 30 to 40 minutes west of us, it is called Lago di Bolsena...not sure what we’ll find, we’ll just let the day fill itself. There appear to be lots of places of interest so I’ll let you know what we find. Sometimes just living in the moment, and striking out without plans, is the best guide. Italy is filled with small wonders around every corner and that’s how you find them.
     Tonight Nanc resurrected her Italian Burritos, with the addition of Messicana Sauce they were delicious...its kind of a what you’d eat if your parents were Mexican and Italian...yum. Later this week we will try making our own Spaghetti alle Cozze...the fish man comes to the village tomorrow and I’m going to buy 1 kilo of mussels...this should be fun. Alessio sent us a recipe that he promised was foul proof...ahhh yaaa...we’ll see. I’ll let you know how it goes. 
     
Good lookin!

The good life.

1 comment:

  1. You guys look amazing! can't wait for you guys to come back in march!
    -cj

    ReplyDelete