Saturday, November 5, 2011

Disconnected and cold as well.

     OK the votes are in, it is really a hassle not having phone or internet service within your abode...today was kind of rainy, cold and windy and every tine I wanted to do something on the computer I had to put on my jacket, hat, brace myself for the cold and walk down to the castle terrace...the phone on the other hand is worse, you just wonder around until service shows up...one day its one spot the next a different one. This is crazy... a very medieval lifestyle. Some days I embrace it, others I just tighten my jaw and move forward.
     We had a charge show up on our CC for the rental car, no explanation just a $50 charge...tried calling Customer Service in Italy, not a chance, try working your way through the automated service without knowing the language, next I tried writing to the US company I set the rental up with...no reply, finally I called the lady in LaSpezia who was my original contact, she speaks excellent english and was able to dig out the information, evidently in Italy there is a street tax on rentals, every 30 days they charge you and it’s about 1 euro 10 per day...I probably spent $30 finding out why I had a $50 charge...again, Crazy.
      Other than these minor irritations we had a peaceful day...read some in my book, caught up on emails and even made reservations for a place in Hawaii...place looks nice but for the price I got I bet its just a tad iffy...we will see. We are so use to small, inferior accommodations now it will probably seem like a palace. Speaking of which, the place we got in Positano looks great...small family run B and B...only 9 rooms, all with a Mediterranean view...we received a very nice email from the owners giving us a little info about the area and telling us how they looked forward to meeting us...a very nice touch.
     We are so excited to be back on the water...even though Nancy can’t swim she is a real water girl, loves being on it, just not in it. When we get home she really needs to take some swimming lessons so we can fully enjoy our water time. Our time in NZ should be interesting because we are by and on the water about half the time.
     The weather here is really starting to change...everywhere you look are leaves and the days are getting short and cold...we might have stayed here just a little to long since this was suppose to be the Endless Summer holiday...I did check out the Australia weather scene today and it is starting to warm up nicely...only 25 more days and I’ll be back in shorts.
     Ciao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment