Monday, July 18, 2011

Cell Phone's

Cell Phones...Is this a phenomena only in the US or is it world wide...I'm sitting in Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix and for the last 15-20 minutes a young woman (early 20's) has been talking on her phone, she hasn't stopped, I mean 15-20 minutes straight, Only hearing half the conversation is usually a bummer but in this case, if we pay attention, we get the whole thing! Is this scene being repeated in Milan, London, Sydney or Auckland?? Scanning this crowd everyone looks to be involved with talking, texting, checking, scanning or blogging (in my case)...no kidding it is everyone!!! What did we do 15 years ago without these gadgets...and everyone speaks so loud that nothing is sacred...I mean if you talk on your cell phone it seems your allowed to yell anything about anything, and this in a crowd of strangers. Of course here I sit in judgement of others with my Mac balanced on my lap. Between Kindles, Cells, Ipods, Ipads, Laptops and god knows what else we seem to be losing the ability to sit in a crowd and converse with another person.
So with that said it's back to the kindle with my ipod buds firmly in my ears...viva the new millennium!!

1 comment: