Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beds, Beds, Beds

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and even burrowed in for a few extra minutes. In the last 3 months I have slept on no fewer that 7 different beds and feel fine. I have slept on everything from a full size to a wonderful king size bed, some of the beds have been lumpy, some hard as a brick, a few too soft and on that great occasion one that's just right. Nancy and I have slept in our own bed in our own house, the bed in our carriage house, my daughters attic, her sisters guest room, the Marriott in Las Vegas, my mother's spare room and at my son's house, in his stepsons bedroom, where we enjoyed wonderful aquarium sheets (yes we slept with the fishes). Some places we slept were to hot, some to cold, some to light, some pitch black, some had great background noise, some were deathly quiet and in one case we woke in the middle of the night to a rain storm that found it's way inside right on Nancy's head . My point is, in each place I have slept fitfully and awoken feeling ready for the day. At one time in our lives we spent months searching for the right bed to buy and spent an embarrassing amount of money to get it just right, we needed a fan for the correct amount of white noise and just the right lighting. The only thing that's really changed is our attitude...how simple!    

No comments:

Post a Comment