Saturday, June 11, 2011

For the birds...

Yesterday's dilema...a bird's nest snugly build into one of Jessica's bikes that needs to be moved...no big deal except there are 4 little chicks (Robin's) in the nest. After calling animal control and getting instructions, Nancy and I removed the nest and repositioned it about 3 feet away. Now for the hard part, waiting to see if the mother returns, finds the chicks and continues feeding and preparing them to leave the nest. I had a restless night worrying about my 4 new friends! First thing this A.M. I got up and there the parents were feeding and caring for their little chicksters. One more crisis averted. Now back to moving Jess, finishing up in Vegas, seeing Josh through his operation and preparing for our trip...only 30 days until we leave, but I'm energized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment